The Internet Archive is a non-profit with a huge mission: “Universal Access to All Knowledge”. Based in San Francisco, CA, with satellites around the world, Internet Archive staffers are building the digital library of the future - a place where anyone can go to learn and explore our shared human experience from books, web pages, audio, television and software. Forever.
The Internet Archive is looking for a temporary Accounting Specialist to join our team for several months.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Record payroll, semi-monthly or as needed
- Review/process vendor invoices, employee reimbursements and prepare payments to vendors
- Personnel expense reports, including their review prior to payment
- Processing/recording of staff credit card charges
- Review and/or reconcile vendor accounts to ensure balances are correct
- Preparation of bank deposits and processing customer payments
- Record/reconcile A/R payments and Donor contributions
- Reconciling and processing of: Bank accounts, Petty cash accounts, Credit card statements
- Review of A/P and A/R activities, looking for discrepancy and ensuring they are resolved.
- Resolving billing issues
- Clerical duties, including but not limited to scanning, filing business records and updating contact lists.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop 2017.
- Hands-on experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable or recording payroll transactions and taxes
- Understanding of accounting in a not-for-profit environment
- Self-starter and motivated team player.
The Internet Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/L/G/B/T and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.