Interested in a mission-driven job ensuring open access to information for a global audience? Enjoy supporting services and products critical to hundreds of national and international non-profit, educational, and mission-aligned organizations? If so, the Internet Archive is seeking a Product Operations Manager for its Web Archiving & Data Services team. The Internet Archive (IA) is a non-profit digital library, top 200 website at archive.org, and an archive of over 60PB of digital information running in multiple self-owned and operated data centers. The Internet Archive also provides digital archiving, library, and data services for over 800 mission-aligned, partnering organizations worldwide, working collaboratively to advance our mission of “Universal Access to All Knowledge.”
The Product Operations Manager will work cross-functionally with program and engineering staff to shape our product and service offerings and deliver on our mission. This role is responsible for maintaining our support services suite, directly managing our partner-facing support team, and leveraging user-based insights, from identification to resolution, for optimizing future development. As a main driver of operational efficiency and readiness, the Product Operations Manager is charged with ensuring operational teams have the resources and direction needed to support service delivery, growth, and new products. This role will build a data and evaluation plan, along with a feedback loop, to inform operational and product development strategy and will leverage both technical and business insights to improve the value of our services for users and to support new initiatives. This is a key role with a direct impact on the experience of our national and international partners advancing preservation, scholarship, learning, cultural heritage, open knowledge, and the social good.
- With support from department leadership, serve as a hub for operational strategy and execution, ensuring cross-functional teams are aware and aligned on key objectives
- Directly manage staff supporting our suite of services and products, including team building, hiring, performance management, and related duties
- Oversee digital archiving, web, and data services support functions, providing guidance and direction to the team that translates departmental objectives to daily activities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of product goals and the needs and experiences of our users to provide data-driven insights and improvements in operations
- Build, maintain, and refine measurement and evaluation tools to guide decision making, strategy, and efficiency
- Develop a systematic approach to reviewing operational workflows and plans
- Ensure support and operation teams are ready with the resources and processes required to respond to the needs of new, existing, and potential users
Qualification and Skills:
- At least 2 years of demonstrated operations or product/program management experience preferably for a SaaS company or nonprofit digital services organization
- Prior experience directly managing staff is required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and capacity for communicating effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in collecting, analyzing, and reporting on business insights as well as user feedback to drive product improvements
- Strong project management skills to successfully map towards operational and product milestones, with demonstrated experience prioritizing and delivering on deadlines
- Experience working in a support team with an understanding of internal tools, processes, and metrics for workflow efficiency
- Experience building strong partnerships with program/product and engineering teams and working with cross-functional remote teams across all levels of an organization
- Experience working with engineering teams or experience with technology services for the public good is preferred
- Must be able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and succeed in a loosely-structured, dynamic work environment that includes a globally distributed team
- Flexibility, self-reliance, a sense of humor, a creative approach to problem-solving, and a production-oriented mentality are valuable qualities for success in the role
References must be made available upon request.
Internet Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internet Archive complies with the Fair Chance Ordinance. Internet Archive is a 501(c)(3) non-profit library founded in 1996.