The Internet Archive is seeking a Major Gifts Manager who will manage a regional portfolio while building and developing new and existing relationships nationally. We are looking for someone who has had experience as a major gift officer and who understands the full-spectrum of managing a portfolio of donors and the importance of engaging major donors in long-term relationships by offering them opportunities to contribute multi-year gifts. The Major Gifts Manager will be responsible for managing and cultivating a portfolio of relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. Impeccable communication, event management, data analysis, and writing skills is necessary. The Major Gifts Manager will be expected to participate in weekly team meetings, to persuade prospects and to work collaboratively with the Development Director (CDO) and the team on external events, and virtual opportunities as needed.
- Track progress and update the Development Director to ensure major gifts are cultivated and solicited on a monthly basis.
- Ability to inspire donors and to develop effective development strategies.
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with the Internet Archive.
- Acknowledge major donors through a variety of creative outreach implementation and event plans.
- Manage large gifts with an understanding that sustainability and “building loyalty” is equally important.
- Secure five and six figure gifts with the goal of raising $1 million and eventually $3 million on an annual basis.
- Create and implement moves-management plans in Civi database.
- Manage systems and database software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including using donor wealth screening tools to build donor profiles.
- Track and report progress to the Development Director using specific metrics and relationship model frameworks.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of major gift fundraising experience with individuals and foundations.
- Documented experience and quantifiable success in raising six and seven figure gifts.
- Exceptional financial, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing; excellent public speaking skills; adept at writing proposals, solicitation letters, donor correspondence, and other fundraising materials.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- High energy and creativity, innovative thinking; exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate; comfortable using donor databases, prospect research and other wealth screening tools to aid in your moves management process.
- People-person with an outgoing nature.
- Self-starter driven by results.
- Ability to work in a unique culture, with flexibility and an openness to learn,
- Team player, willing to share their expertise.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
The Internet Archive provides a comprehensive benefits package including; PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter, STD, LTD, retirement account.
Internet Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/L/G/B/T and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.