The Internet Archive is seeking a Development Coordinator to help support and drive the mission of the Internet Archive’s fundraising team. The Development Coordinator is responsible for working directly with the development staff to organize fundraising events, coordinate fundraising activities; including grant writing, donor recognition, digital communication/engagement, and prospect research.
This is a full time position that will report to the Director of Development. We seek a candidate who possesses good project planning, writing, fundraising, events management and digital skills. Must have a passion for the Internet Archive’s mission.
- Works with the development director to promote fundraising activities, grants, and outreach.
- Assumes full responsibility for various fundraising efforts including digital and online outreach, major gift administrative duties, database cleanup and reporting.
- Assists in writing grant proposals and tracking deadlines and grant submissions.
- Researches and identifies prospective new donors via prospect research tools.
- Assists the Development Director in tracking department goals to ensure the department surpasses goals and meets performance KPI’s.
- Coordinates all aspects of fundraising events and activities planning to execution
- Works directly with management and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for technical fundraising projects
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in a field that is related to tech, the nonprofit sector or libraries.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Shows an ability to negotiate with donors and persuade individuals to provide items or funds for programmatic initiatives.
- Possesses interpersonal skills that allow him or her to interact with potential donors and various external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates creativity in coming up with fundraising opportunities and executing events successfully.
- Shows familiarity with all aspects of the not for profit industry.
- Possesses the ability to work well with limited or direct supervision.
- Possesses creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage milestones and projects efficiently.
- Professional writing skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience working in Slack, MailChimp, Google teams/docs, and fundraising databases.
- Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image.
Benefits and Perks:
The Internet Archive provides a comprehensive benefits package including; PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter, STD, LTD and a retirement program.
The Internet Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/L/G/B/T and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.